Review: The Curated Closet by Anushcka Rees



👗 REVIEW 👗

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 


I will hands up admit I am the worst when it comes to hoarding in my wardrobe. 


I can justify holding on to almost anything, things that I claim “might come back into fashion”, have “too many memories”, or that I might one day squash back into. 


A couple of years ago I was definitely falling into the cliche of having loads of clothes and seemingly nothing to wear, mainly because my wardrobe was a mismatch of statement items, pieces that didn’t fit right, or just didn’t feel at all like “me”.


I decided to be ruthless and finally organise my wardrobe with The Curated Closet by @anushkarees. The Curated Closet aims to not only help you find your personal style, but a wardrobe which works in your everyday life. 


Hands down, this is one of the best guides I’ve worked through, full of practical tips and activities for figuring out what is going to tick the boxes for your own preferences and lifestyle. 


One of the earlier activities challenges you to take a quick snap what you are actually wearing every day over a few weeks, whether it’s a low-key day in the house, at the office or an event. This was such a huge eye opener for me because I realised how much the clothes I was wearing impacted how I felt or my confidence throughout the day. The photos were the perfect reference point for figuring out what worked for my lifestyle, what I really needed to invest in, and most importantly what I felt good wearing. 


I’ve read a lot of guides which typically will recommend a skeleton wardrobe with x items, but what I absolutely loved about this one is that it makes sure the pieces you have at the end are unique and perfect for you. 


I ended up realising I hated wearing jeans (too restrictive and uncomfortable), so built my wardrobe on dresses and skirts and started opting for colours in blacks, reds or blues which suited my skin tone a lot more. I also stopped buying uncomfortable fast fashion shoes that I could barely walk in, and invested in flat boots or small heels that I could walk in for hours as I am pretty active in my day to day life. 


Nowadays I have gotten pretty decisive and brutal when it comes to any new purchases and identifying if they will work in my wardrobe. I would say everything I’ve bought over the past two years has been worn to death, and it’s so nice not having to be stressed out trying to find something to wear. 


I still have all my old clothes and shoes which currently live in storage (and I haven’t let go of.. yet) mainly as they are so many expensive mistakes in there 😅 but I think the final step on my journey will be donating these and letting go. 


I highly recommend this book if you are currently at odds with your style or do not feel like it represents who you are as a person these days 💃 


What’s your favourite book about fashion / style / your wardrobe? I’d love to know ❤️ 

 


 


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig